Providers of Lantra Chainsaw & Tree Surgeon Training in North Wales
We are providers of Lantra chainsaw and tree surgery training courses, and offer a 3 week 'Fast Track' tree surgeon training course.
- Chainsaw maintenance including sharpening
- Crosscutting & Felling
- Tree climbing & Aerial rescue
- Advanced & Refresher courses
- Lantra Integrated Training & Assessment (ITA)
- Lantra Training only (T)
- City & Guilds assessments (C&G)
- 3 week 'Fast Track' tree surgeon course
The training is held at worksites in the Conwy Valley area in North Wales.
We are providers of Lantra training courses which we offer in 2 formats:
Integrated Training & Assessment (ITA) leading to a Certificate of Basic Training. Suitable for occasional users (the assessment is carried out during the course by the instructor).
Training only (T) leading to a Certificate of Attendance. Suitable for operators working in Forestry or Arboriculture. These courses provide the necessary preparation for City & Guilds/National Proficiency Tests Council (C&G) assessments. Any C&G assessment will be on a date separate to (after) the course and the course instructor cannot assess his/her own trainees.
Please note that participants who do not satisfactorily complete all parts of either type of course may receive certificates listing only the skills which were achieved.
Please see 'Course Information' (below) for outlines of our most frequently requested courses: other courses eg. dealing with larger & windblown trees, pruning, dismantling etc. are also available, as is refresher training for experienced operators.
3 Week 'Fast Track' Tree Surgeon Training Course
Do you want to learn a trade or change career?
Do you want to get all of the basic training done in one hit and be ready for work?
We offer a 17 day package of arborist training and assessments to give motivated prospective tree-surgeons all of the skills and tickets they need to get started.
The 'Fast-track' course includes:
- 5 day chainsaw maintenance, crosscut, fell to 380mm training.
- 5 day tree climb and aerial rescue training.
- 3 day aerial cutting with chainsaw training.
- 2 days C&G assessments of the above.
- 1 day ITA chipper training.
- 1 day Emergency First Aid @ Work training.
Cost is £1250 + VAT for the training and £500 for the assessments.
- Includes all training/assessment fees AND all equipment/ppe.
- Excludes accommodation/catering/transport to our base or local work sites.
A wide range of accommodation is available locally, please ask for details.
The 17 days training is over a 3 week period. The chainsaw and climbing courses will carry Lantra Certificates of Attendance. Some of the content is progressive, you must PASS to move on. (Participants who do not satisfactorily complete either training or assessment may receive certificates listing only the skills which were achieved). Successful participants will have the training and Certification held by most working tree surgeons (advanced skills may be added after experience is gained).
There are just 4 places available for each 'Fast-track' course.